I love the hazelnut chocolate goodness that is Nutella. It’s such a treat to spread some of this tasty sweetness on toast, but there are also so many ways you can easily incorporate Nutella into your cookies, cakes and brownies to easily increase the decadence. I didn’t truly appreciate this amazing hazelnut spread until I traveled to Italy and shamelessly ate it every morning on a bit of pastry or some form of baked goodness! Upon return to the USA, I began including Nutella, which was perfected in Italy circa 1964, into my baking. I’ve chosen to highlight 8 recipes below that are super simple and include the beloved hazelnutty, chocolatey ingredient! Here are some quick and easy recipes to try if you tend to have Nutella on hand:
3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies
All you need is Nutella, eggs and some flour to make these delicious brownies. The addition of Nutella adds a hazelnut goodness to this traditionally all chocolate treat. Plus, it’s only three ingredients, so it doesn’t get much simpler than this!
- 1 cup (280g)Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 10 tbsp. (62g) flour
- Put it in a bowl.
- Mash it up.
- Pour into a pan or muffin tin. (I used amini muffin tin lined with paper cups).
- Top with hazelnuts if you’re feeling extra fancy.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for around 30 minutes (less time for cupcake form, more time if the centers aren’t baked through).
Thanks to Instructables for a fun spin on a traditional favorite!
Soft, Chewy Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Seriously, my mouth is watering! There’s nothing better than soft, chewy cookies with a surprise twist! Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make these delicious cookies:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour + additional flour as needed (I usually add 1-2 tablespoons more!)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon about 12 heaping teaspoons (you only need 10, but do 12 in case of mistakes!) of Nutella into balls and place them on the parchment paper. Place your sheet into the freezer. (I like to freeze mine overnight!)
- Microwave butter for about 40 seconds, until it’s just barely melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat for about 10-15 seconds, until the egg is just incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until dough crumbles form. (Add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is dry enough to work with!) Add the chocolate chips and use your hands to incorporate them into the dough.
- Take your sheet of frozen Nutella out of the freezer.
- Divide the dough into 7 large balls (leave a little bit of dough in the bowl), then flatten each ball (not too much!), leaving a slight indent in the middle of each. Place a Nutella ball into the indent. Mold the rest of the ball to cover the Nutella and use excess dough to fill in any gaps.
- Place your sheet into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill the cookies before baking.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes, until they look puffy and just about done. They will firm up as they cool. Enjoy!!
This recipe from Good Morning Cali yields 10 large cookies. The full recipe with instructions can be found here.
No Bake Nutella Pie
This recipe is one of the easiest and quickest ones on the list since it’s no bake! Here is the list of ingredients you’ll need to begin assembling your delicious, creamy Nutella pie:
- 25 Oreo cookies (don’t remove the filling)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- One 13-ounce jar Nutella
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- One 8-ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- Prepare the crust: Finely crush the cookies – either in a zip top baggie (a little harder to get them finely crushed) or in a food processor (easier). In a medium bowl, stir the crushed cookies with the melted butter. Press it into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Stick it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the filling: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the Nutella and cream cheese. Beat until well combined and smooth. Stir in the Cool Whip until combined and you don’t see white streaks anymore. Scrape the filling into the frozen pie crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate 4 hours (or overnight) before serving. Slices of this pie are perfectly good without garnish, but you can garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips, if you’d like.
It’s basically a one bowl recipe with little prep. Note that it will require 4 hours of refrigeration before serving, so keep that in mind for your timeline. For full instructions, visit Recipe Boy.
Fluffly Nutella Buttercream Frosting
This super simple and yummy frosting recipe will spruce up any cupcake – especially semi-homemade ones baked using a boxed mix! Here’s what you’ll need to make airy, light, Nutella frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt (up to 1/4 teaspoon, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a stand mixer affixed with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and powdered sugar on low until well-blended. Add the Nutella and increase the speed to medium. Beat for two minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt and whip for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the whipping cream and beat for about one minute, until the frosting lightens slightly in both color and texture.
In three simple steps, you’ll have a fluffy and delicious frosting to use on cupcakes or a layer cake! Visit Kitchen Treaty for the full recipe and more.
Nutella Hot Chocolate
Even drinks can be indulgent! This recipe from Café Delites is a lower-calorie dessert option that uses Nutella to sweeten things up. You can also garnish your hot chocolate with marshmallows, hazelnuts and more. This is a great recipe to have on hand to serve (unexpected) house guests!
- 4 cups low fat/skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener of choice/raw sugar
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Extra Nutella
- Heat milk in a medium sized saucepan on medium – high heat until beginning to warm and steam. Add the spread, cocoa powder and sugar, and whisk until dissolved and combined. Bring to a gentle simmer while stirring, and take off heat.
- Serve with your desired toppings.
It’s basically one step! This is a great treat to serve 4 people, so whether you make it for your family or a few friends, or decide to have several cups yourself (no judgment here!), you’ll certainly enjoy this delicious treat.
Nutella Microwave Mug Cake
This quick and easy treat serves one, so it’s perfect if you are craving a late-night dessert or want to whip something up with ingredients that you’re likely to have on hand…especially Nutella! This recipe from Spend with Pennies is also cost-effective and requires only the microwave, not the oven. To get started:
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons Nutella
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients in your mug or small bowl.
- Add the egg and stir. Finally, add in the Nutella, vanilla, and milk.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds…check the cake and if needs to be microwaved and additional 15 seconds.
It only takes 60 seconds of “baking” to have an ooey, gooey, Nutella infused treat for one!
Nutella Deviled Strawberries
These are so simple; the recipe basically makes itself! This will only take 15 minutes and it’s a great idea for an afternoon treat that the kids can help prepare. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- finely chopped nuts
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Slice in half.
- Using the tip of your knife, create a little hole or groove in the center of the strawberry halves.
- Spoon Nutella into the corner of a plastic baggie and cut corner off.
- Squeeze and fill each strawberry half and sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve or store in refrigerator.
These Nutella deviled strawberries, brought to you by Lauren’s Latest, can even be used as an appetizer. Plus, no baking required!
Banana Nutella Milkshake
Like us on Facebook to get more stories
Here’s a frozen take on Nutella that only takes 5 minutes! From Smart Little Cookie, these banana Nutella milkshakes make 2 servings, perfect for a quick treat to share with a friend. To whip this up, you’ll need:
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ice, more if desired
Then, basically, blend it up! You’ll have a refreshing treat ready in no time flat. Cheers!
So, whether you get your Nutella delivered to your front door via Amazon, buy it in bulk at the local wholesale club or pick up a jar now and again at the grocery store, you’ll never be at a loss for baking with this iconic, nutty/chocolate deliciousness!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.